Quality at Plas-Tanks Industries
Plas-Tanks' mission is to provide solutions to material storage or processing problems through the effective fabrication of reinforced plastic products.
Benefits of FRP
• Lasts 5 to 10 times longer than steel in corrosive environments.
• As fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) does not rust, there is no need for painting or reclading.
• Adapts to heat, stress, conductivity and climate conditions.
• Superior corrosion resistance in many applications versus rubber lined and bare metal.
• More slip resistant than metal.
• As FRP is non-conductive, electrical equipment can not short out.
• Ignition resistant with the addition of brominated materials.
• Good insulating material with reasonable thermal expansion properties with efficient heat tracing from bottom of vessel with Plasta-therm.
• Properly formulated resins allow for fiberglass reinforced plastics to be FDA compliant.
• No trace metallic contamination within the contents of the tank.
• Adhesive strength and elongation of resins can act to absorb equipment vibration.